Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My first book.

If you've read my blog before, you know my grandma Mary is a very important person to me. The name CinnamonInk was actually inspired by her famous cinnamonrolls... you can read about it here in my first blog post.

Well, last spring she came to me with an idea for a project, she's one of those people who always has 5 projects up her sleeve. She decided she wanted to write a book about her life and she wanted me to illustrate it. This was a big task, and I wouldn't do this for just anyone, actually I probably wouldn't do it for anyone but her! For months we worked together writing and drawing... squeezing in time whenever we saw each other to plan the rest of the book. We've done a pretty good job of keeping it a secret from the rest of the family (minus my mom and sister- thank you for your help!)

After months of working on it, we gave everyone the finished books on Christmas day. It is a treasure to have these stories saved- her life growing up on the ranch, walking to the beach with her brothers, when she got lost in the hills on her horse as a girl. So thank you to my grandma for giving me the opportunity to illustrate my first book! My dream is that someday there will be more books to come... but this one will always be my favorite!

xo,
Kate

*That last pic is the only picture my grandma has of herself as a little girl. :) Isn't she the cutest thing ever?

2 comments:

  1. kate, this is amazing. how awesome that you can use your talent for something so special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandma is so ADORABLE! I can't even get over it! I adore your book, as you know.
    ADORE ADORE ADORE!

    ReplyDelete