Tuesday, June 14, 2011

New Print: Audrey Hepburn


Sitting outside at the farmer's market Saturday morning I drew this print in between chatting with shoppers.  It's based on the classic picture of Audrey on a bike... Isn't she just wonderful?  Such a classy woman.

It's been an interesting day.  We heard news that Matt's grandma passed away this morning.  She lived an amazing life, loved her husband for 67 years, raised 11 children, and her posterity is over 200 (believe me I know because when I married in I was number 201!).  Matt and I were just with her a few days ago.  It's strange to think she is gone, but I know she is in a good place and we will see her again someday.

It's been a nice day to reflect and creating is always the easiest way for me to do so.  My day has been spent talking to family, thinking about such a wonderful life lived and quietly working on my artwork.  There is something about drawing that always fits perfectly into a quiet day like this.

xo,
Kate  

No comments:

Post a Comment